Jacobin is seeking a highly motivated person to manage advertising operations, marketing, events, and other special projects. They will work from our Brooklyn, NY office.
- Conceive and execute strategies for further growing advertising via website, email newsletter, and print publications
- Develop and sell customized plans to help customers reach our audience
- Manage ad management software, including inventory forecasting, scheduling, generating reports, and troubleshooting
- Manage production for Roundup, a biweekly email newsletter
- Assist in planning fundraising campaigns via mail, email, and social media
- Produce performance reports on effectiveness of all campaigns
- Plan and coordinate opportunities to bring Jacobin to new audiences, including involvement at relevant conferences and events; ad swaps; and strategic partnerships for discrete projects
- Conceive of, plan, and promote events ranging from a few dozen to over 1,000 attendees
- Coordinate every detail, including promotion, staffing, livestream, and ticketing
- Generate publicity and handle media requests
- Collaborate with senior editors to develop strategies for broadening and deepening audience engagement
- Maintain and report on all mail permits
- 5+ years experience in publishing, advertising/marketing, or non-profit work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Experience managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Strong familiarity with news, current events, the media landscape and political movements
- Familiarity with content management systems, ie Salesforce
- Commitment to socialist politics is a plus
How to Apply
Email cover letter and CV to [email protected], with subject line: “Advertising, Marketing, and Events Position.” All applications must be received by Monday, September 10, 2018.
Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a union position under a collective bargaining agreement with CWA Local 31003. Excellent benefits. The position will report to the publisher.
Jacobin is an Equal Opportunity Employer — people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse and respectful workplace.